Friday, March 1, 2019

Kharon Part 23

Kharon Chapter 23


   Luke enters the bridge and begins looking for the repair kit. “So did you kill her?”, asks Emma.
   “No”, says Luke.
   “Damn, lost the bet!”, yells Jacob.
    Luke ignores him and says, “The guidance system is gone but we still have my map.  
We'll stay on board and use the stars and my map to sail to The Gardens.  At least till we find another ship.” 
   “And how are we going to do that? With the magic wand you have shoved up your ass?”, says Jacob.
    "You don’t have to join us”, says Luke.
    “Not like I got anywhere else to be”, 
grumbles Jacob.
     Luke turns to Emma who is petting Sparky. “You still willing to do this”, says Luke.
    “I thought you didn’t like me”, says Emma not looking up from Sparky.
    “Not sure I like anything about this situation. But I worked too hard for this over the last 
two years to let go now.”
    Emma now looks up at Luke, “Yea well so did I.” Sparky let’s out a little yip.
    Luke turns to Simone. “What about you?”
    “I'm a wanted felon on a ship with a bunch of island destroyers looking for a fabled 
mythical paradise. I think I will ride this out for a little bit and see where it goes.”
    “Ok then let’s repair this ship.” Luke hands a large case to Jacob. “Take this down to the systems deck and give it to Kiarah and do what she asks.”
    “Why the fuck should I?”, says Jacob.
    “Because I still reserve the right to throw you overboard”, says Luke.
    “Fine whatever”, grumbles Jacob and he takes the case. Simone follows him.  Luke walks over to the window and takes one last look at the plume of smoke that was 
once Metron as it disappears over the horizon.
    “You really think we will find it?”, asks Emma.
     Luke takes the map out again and looks down at it. “I still have the map. I don’t care 
if I have to go through hell and back, I'm finding it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment