Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Kharon Part 37 and 38

Kharon Chapter 37


        Luke sits stewing in his room when a knock is heard at the door.  He gets up and opens it and sneers, “You have some fucking gaul.”  He turns and walks back to his bed as Kiarah enters his room.
        “We need to talk.”
        “What I need is you out of my life.  I thought you had nothing to live for?”
        “Nothing but vengeance.”
        “Your vengeful streak is going to get me killed or arrested again and I ain’t interested in either.”
        “I knew the three of you were strong enough to survive the Sloons.”
        “We nearly didn’t.”
        “But you did.”
        “You can have your fucking ship and do whatever the fuck you want with it.  Shove it up your ass for all I care.  I just want off the damn thing.”
        “If that’s what you wish I’ll dock at the next island.”
        “Yea.   That’s what I wish.”  Luke walks to the door of the bedroom and opens it and then pauses at the doorway.  “And for once I want to see one of my wishes come true.”  With that Luke leaves the bedroom slamming the door behind him.



Kharon Chapter 38


         Night has fallen on another day as the Kharon continues to sail the seas and Kiarah is once more at the controls on the bridge.  She is steering the Kharon towards a dimly lit island in the distance.  Simone comes bursting into the bridge looking uncharacteristically concerned and disheveled.  “Whoa whoa turn this ship around right now.  We’re heading right for The Colony.”
        “Luke has requested we dock at the next island we come to.  He no longer wishes to be on this ship.”
        “Your damn right”, says Luke appearing on the bridge.  “This is Kiarah’s ship.  Kiarah’s crew.  I got my own stars to follow.  I’m through being someone’s puppet!”
        “What the fuck are you thinking docking at The Colony!  We can’t get off here!”
        “Why not?”, asks Kiarah.
        “Relax I’ll be off this ship and you can sail on your merry way before they realize the infamous pirate Simone was ever here, not that they probably even care.  Then I’ll hitch a ride on the next merchant ship that comes through.”
        Simone wrests the controls from Kiarah and tries turning the ship around.  “No, we can’t dock here!  We have to go to the next island.”
        “What is your fucking problem?”
        No sooner has Luke uttered this question then Simone’s skin begins glowing a vibrant shade of orange.  “No!  Dammit it’s too late!”
        Kiarah and Luke both stare at a defeated looking Simone.  “Wait a minute.  You’re from The Colony?”

No comments:

Post a Comment