Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Kharon Part 30

Kharon Chapter 30


        In the village square of the Sloons there is a large ceremonial ground with huge stones erected around it.  In the center are three large flat stone alters.  Simone, Jacob and Luke are each chained to one of these alters.  All around the ceremonial ground is gathered a huge crowd of chanting Sloons dressed in ceremonial robes. 
         “There are other crew members!  Let us go and we’ll help you capture them and the ship!”, yells Luke.
         “And you call me the backstabber”, mutters Jacob.
         “Fuck you!  This is all your fault”, says Luke.
         “How the hell is this my fault?”
         “Your the one who brought me to that ship and got me involved with that psychotic Quarsian.”
         “Your stretching more than they already stretched us out here.  What are they planning on doing with us anyway?”, asks Jacob.
        “My guess is sacrifice us”, Simone calmly says.
        “What!?”
        “They’re big into sacrifice.  They claim from pain comes power.” 
        “I can’t end my life in this backwater hell hole.  At least give me a chance to talk my ass out this”, whines Jacob.
        “Relax.  If I had a Ruby for every time I was trussed up waiting to be executed I wouldn’t have to spend my time stealing them”, says Simone.
         The crowd then begins to part and several hooded figures march up towards the stone alters.  For several minutes they dance around the alters and over the prisoners waving their hands.  Jacob and Luke give perplexed and concerned looks towards each other.  Finally they stop and the chanting dies down.  Then one of the hooded people turns to the crowd and speaks, “These outsiders have come to our sacred land.  They came to exploit it but instead they will have the honor of bestowing the power of their life force to this island.”
         “You fucking attacked us!  We didn’t come to plunder shit!”, interrupts Luke but his pleas go unheeded and the chanting resumes.
         “I think they just assumed”, says Simone.
         Luke turns to Simone.  “Where’s that brilliant escape plan of yours?”
         “I’m working on it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment