Monday, March 4, 2019

Kharon Part 25

Kharon Chapter 25


        Luke enters the bridge and sees Emma steering with Sparky curled up at her feet.  Sparky begins to growl as Luke approaches Emma.  “Isn’t there a mute button for that thing?”
“Isn’t there a mute button for you?”
“Good job steering through the night but I’m up now and I can take over.”
“It’s okay I only got here an hour ago.”
“You what?!  Who’s been steering all night?”
Emma shrugs.  “Guess autopilot.”
“You guess autopilot?!  What if Jacob or Simone came in here and set us off course or sabotaged something?”
“Well Simone was with me last night so I don’t think she did anything.  But either way the navigation charts show we are still on course.”
“They could have been tampered with.”
“You have some serious trust issues.”
Luke is checking the charts against the map he took out of his satchel.  “When it comes to Jacob you’re damn right I do.”
“Whatever happened between you two anyway?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.  Listen to me.  I thought you wanted to get to The Gardens as much as I did.”
“I do but I’m not being miserable till I get there.”
“That’s the whole fucking point!  The Gardens is the only place where misery doesn’t exist.  The rest of the world is fucked but for this one island!”
Emma switches on autopilot and with a huff picks up Sparky.  “I gotta take Sparky for a walk.”  Emma walks out of the bridge.
“Fine!  Fuck all of you on this ship.  I’ll get to The Gardens myself.”  Luke turns back to the map.  “You’re all I need to find happiness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment