Thursday, March 21, 2019

Kharon Part 36

Kharon Chapter 36


        Simone, Luke and Jacob enter the bridge of the Kharon.  Luke points his weapon at Kiarah who is concentrating on piloting the ship.  “You’re dead bitch!”  Luke fires his weapon but Kiarah without so much as turning around dodges the projectile.  
        Emma now steps in-between Kiarah and Luke.  “Take it easy!  She saved us.”
        “Like hell she did!  She almost got me sacrificed.  If it wasn’t for Simone I’d be dead.”
        “I knew you would evade your captors but I needed a ruse to reclaim the ship and destroy the Sloons once and for all.”
        “I’m getting tired of being played by this Quarsian.  I say we cut her up in pieces and throw them to the fishes!  Whose with me?”
        Everyone evades Luke’s gaze.  
       “Don’t get me wrong I’m pretty pissed she almost got me killed but I’m not taking on a Quarsian on account of your ass”, says Jacob.
        Simone shrugs.  “I mean you gotta admit it did work.”
        “I don’t believe you people.  You can all go fuck yourselves”, says Luke in frustration as he storms off to stew.  
         Kiarah then smiles and says, “Well will you look at that.  It’s the monolith finally revealed.”
        The others all turn towards the view screen and see a towering marble monolith before them on the island.  
        “I don’t recall that being there before”, says Jacob.
        “It wasn’t.  At least not that we could see.  You three must have done something special because no one has ever been able to find it.”
        “What is it?”, asks Emma.
        “The legendary source of their power that they kept hidden with their spells.  Until now that is.”  Kiarah then aims all the Kharon’s weapon systems at the monolith and fires.  As the monolith is destroyed the entire island begins to shake and quake.  It fragments into pieces that then go sinking into the ocean.  Within minutes any trace of the island is gone.  Jacob, Simone, and Emma all look at each other in bewilderment.  Kiarah smirks, “Now we can leave.”
        “Did we just destroy another entire island”, asks Simone.
        “Damn that’s hardcore.  What did they ever do to you?”, asks Jacob.
        “They played Metron and my people against each other for ages.”
        “Note to self, don’t mess with Kiarah”, says Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment