Friday, February 8, 2019

Kharon Part 9

Kharon - Chapter 9


   Luke is suddenly jolted awake as he is tossed around the ship as it heaves and convulses. He had dozed off at his post. He isn’t sure for how long. He hears explosions and sees huge waves crashing against the windows. Through the waves he can make out a huge island with towering magnificent modern structures. Kiarah is intensely piloting the ship towards the island despite artillery fire and waves coming from the island towards them. Kiarah is returning the artillery fire with the ship’s weapons as she navigates the huge tidal waves.
     “What the fuck!”, cries Jacob as Simone and Emma both appear on the bridge equally confused.
     Kiarah calmly replies, “Metron is firing on us and using their wave machines as well.” 

    “Why the hell are we going to Metron?”, asks Luke.
    “That’s where my appointment is”, replies Kiarah.
    “Then why the fuck are they firing on us and trying to sink us?!”
    Kiarah shrugs, “They must have forgot.”
   “You lied to us?”, says Jacob.
   “No”, says Kiarah. “I did make a deal with the Chancellor. I told them how to end the 
war with us and instructed them on how they could defeat my people.”
   “Then that still begs the question why the hell are we being fired on?!”
   “Maybe because I also told the Chancellor that if he hurt any of my people I would find 
him and rip his heart out.”
   “This is not our war”, says Emma.
   “I know”, says Kiarah. “But I’ll help you if you help me.”
   “What do you need?”, asks Emma.
   “I just need you to make a distraction so I can sneak into the Chancellor’s manor, kill 
him, and return to the ship.”
   “Eh, what the hell, I am always up for a chance to plunder Metron”, says Simone. 
   “This is fucking ridiculous. You are going to get us all killed!”, cries Luke.
   “No I won’t. As long as you follow my instructions. This will be quick and then we will 
safely be on our way to The Gardens.”
   “You know I am getting damn tired of you calling the shots”, says Luke. 
   “Patience. We must all have patience”, says Kiarah turning her attention back to the island in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment