Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Kharon - Part 21

Kharon Chapter 21


    Somehow miraculously the Kharon manages to emerge safely onto the ocean’s surface once again. The ship is somehow right side up and the motors aren’t 100% but they are still functioning. Kiarah pushes the ship to keep going as far away from the eruption as they can get. She turns to the others, “ Is everyone in one piece?”
    “I’ll let you know when my head stops spinning and my ears stop ringing”, says Jacob.
    “This better be just my own lunch I am currently wearing”, says Luke wiping vomit off himself.
    “I think Sparky and I made it through. Just shaken”, says Emma putting pressure on a cut on her arm.
   “How the hell did we all survive that?”, asks Simone.
   “We're all just that lucky”, says Luke. “The ship ok?”

   “I’m not picking up any hull breeches but the motor is running slow and the shields are damaged.  The guidance system seems to be currently offline as well”, says Kiarah.
   “What!? Don’t you need the guidance system to get us to The Gardens?”, asks Luke.
   “I don’t know how to get to The Gardens. I just told you that so you would help me. The Gardens is just a myth.”
   Luke explodes and rushes at Kiarah. “You what?! I’m going to kill you bitch!”
   Kiarah remains calm and says, “Go ahead. Don’t you get it? The Metrons took everything from me. My family, my home, my friends, my beloved Fronzo.”
   “Fronzo?”, says Emma.
   “Quarsian for mate or lover”, says Simone.
   Kiarah continues, “So I had to take everything from them. Now you can do whatever you 
want. I don’t give a damn. It’s nothing worse then what they already did to me.”
   “I don’t get something”, says Emma. “If you knew how to blow up their entire island why didn’t you just do that to end the war with them?”
   “My people found out their secret but we kept it to ourselves and vowed not to use it for we considered it dishonorable to destroy their entire home.”
   “And that’s now changed?”, asks Jacob.
    For the first time since they met her the others witness emotion come to Kiarah’s face 
and voice as tears begin forming in her eyes. “They betrayed me. I gave them strategic information that they said they would use to peacefully bring an end to the war. All I wanted was to stop the constant fighting. All I wanted was to start a family with my Fronzo. But they instead used the information I gave them to...to take everything.”
   “Eye for an eye”, mutters Simone.
   Jacob then says, “Luke, listen to me for old times sake if nothing else. I understand your anger but we are in the middle of the ocean on a Quarsian ship. Who better to pilot it then a Quarsian. This ship isn’t exactly user friendly.  Why do you think it was just sitting in the harbor?”
   “Is that why you were going to give it to us”, growls Luke.
   “Um...well....that’s not important right now."
   “Plus the last people that messed with Kiarah got a whole volcano dropped on their ass”, 
says Emma.
   Luke stares at Kiarah’s unflinching face of sadness and ponders what the others said.  Finally he releases her, “Come with me to examine the ship. Now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment