Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Kharon - Part 7

Kharon Chapter 7


   The group enters the bridge and sees a woman with her back towards them steering the ship. Luke begins to approach her. “What are you doing with my ship?” But just as he is about to reach the woman she points a sharp intimidating weapon at Luke in the blink of an eye without even turning to face him. Luke stops in his tracks taken off guard.
   Jacob says, “Technically this may actually be her ship since she appears to be a Quarsian.”
   Luke turns towards Jacob and the others. “I don’t give a rats ass who she is!” Luke then turns back to the woman who is still pointing the sharp weapon at him. “Look we need this ship and I'm prepared to do whatever I have to do to get it.  You know how many times I dreamed of this as I rotted in prison.”
   “Oh you are escaped convicts. That makes sense”, says Simone.
   “Hey! I’m not a convict. They ain’t never got anything to stick”, Jacob says.
   Luke ignores them and continues. “Emma and I worked too hard on this escape to have 
you stand in our way. So I strongly suggest you get this thing out of my face and find another ship.”
   The woman does not lower her weapon or turn around but calmly says, “So I take it I have you then to thank for the distraction that allowed me to reclaim the Kharon.”
   “What are you talking about?”, asks Luke.
   The woman still does not turn her head but instead points her weapon to windows on one side of the room. The others including Luke all run over to look out the windows. Although the island is already starting to shrink in the distance they can still clearly make out people running around in a rioting panic. In the setting light of the suns people are trying to flee in whatever ships they can find as the entire island is engulfed in smoke and fire. It is madness as ships collide with one another and army officials try to bring order to the chaos.
   “What the fuck happened!”, Jacob screams.
   “I guess the prison riot we started got a little out of hand”, says Emma.
   “You think the whole island is torched?”, asks Luke.
   “The fuck did you do to my home!? Now I am stuck with you assholes!”, yells Jacob. 

   “I thought it was easier than usual to escape”, says Simone. 
   Luke turns back to the woman steering. “All the more reason I need this ship seeing as there is nowhere else to go now.”
   The woman finally turns towards Luke. “Seeing how this is a Quarsian ship and I am a Quarsian I think that makes it my ship. But I'm happy to take you wherever you need to go.”
   “I thought the Metronians wiped the Quarsians out”, says Jacob.
   “They did”, says the woman matter of factly. “They spared me since I made a deal with 
them. My name is Kiarah and I am the last of the Quarsians.”
   Luke pulls out his gun and points it at Kiarah. “Well your people are about to be moved from endangered to extinct unless you move away from those controls.”
   “I would advise against your current course of action”, says Kiarah.
   “Yea, you usually need more than a pistol to go up against a Quarsian”, says Simone. 

   “Who asked you?”, says Luke.
   “I say go for it man”, says Jacob.
   “Shut up!”, shouts Luke.
  “Where are you looking to go?”, asks Kiarah.
  “The Gardens”, says Emma.
   Simone laughs. “That place doesn’t exist. It’s just a fairy tale people tell themselves so they can 
believe that this whole planet isn't shit."
  “That’s what I tried telling them”, says Jacob.
  “It exists”, says Kiarah. “I have been there. I can take you there.”  
The group stares at Kiarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment