Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Kharon Part 11

Kharon Chapter 11


   The quintet climb over the rocky wall and on the other side is a futuristic metropolis with space age technology and huge towering structures.
   “There’s our ride”, says Kiarah gesturing towards a monorail about to pass by them. 
   “How do you expect us to get on it?”, asks Jacob.
   “Jumping”, says Kiarah matter of factly.
   “Yeeahh...see I am more of a business man”, says Jacob.
   “Just hang on tight”, says Kiarah as she pushes Jacob off the cliff and onto the monorail.

   "I'm starting to like you more", says Luke.  Jacob screams as he plummets towards the monorail with the others following after him. 
  Jacob frantically grabs at anything and barely manages to hold on.  “I fucking hate you all! I fucking hate you all!”  The others also land safely on the monorail.
  Luke smiles at the sight of Jacob and turns to Emma. “That almost makes this whole detour worthwhile.”
   They are approaching a gigantic sphere that upon closer view appears to be made entirely out of solar panels, wind turbines, and other machines that generate energy all working in unison. Kiarah points to the structure. “Gentlemen.”
   Jacob and Luke let go and land in some well manicured shrubs. “I hate you all and am never fucking doing that again!”, cries Jacob.
   “Yes you are. That’s our ticket back to the ship. You think we can just walk back after blowing up their energy source.”
  Jacob rolls his eyes, “Kill me.”
  That can be arranged”, says Luke as he takes out one of his guns. He then tosses it to Jacob.
  “You’re actually giving me a piece?”
  “I don’t see another way to get past the guards.”
  “What if I just shoot you and make this place my new home?”
  “You won’t cause you’re a curious man and you want to see if The Gardens really exists. Besides this place doesn’t have enough action for you. You would be bored in a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment