Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Kharon - Part 16

Kharon Chapter 16

  At the Chancellor’s Manor the Chancellor is getting dressed in his bedroom chambers. His wife awakes and asks, “What are you doing, dear?”
  “We are under some kind of attack. I need to go to the war room. Stay here. The guards will keep you safe”, says the Chancellor as he kisses his wife’s forehead. Just then the bloody and lifeless body of a guard is thrown through the bedroom doors. The Chancellor and his wife have looks of horror on their faces at the sight of the mangled sentry.
   Kiarah then walks into the bedroom holding her bloody weapon in one hand and a decapitated head in the other. “I do not believe the guards will be able to keep anyone safe anymore.”
   The Chancellor’s eyes grow wide at the sight of Kiarah and he stutters, “Kiarah! What... what are you doing here?”
   Kiarah calmly replies, “You sound surprised to see me. I take it you were under the assumption that your soldiers killed me along with the rest of my people as you instructed them to do.”
   The Chancellor tries to fumble with a switch to call for help as he says, “No...you...you have it all wrong. I told my chief of defense to make sure casualties were kept to a minimum. He swore to me he understood our arrangement and would accept the surrender of your people peacefully once we used the information you gave us.”
   “Keep away from him you savage!”, cries the Chancellor’s wife.
   The Chancellor continues to plead with Kiarah, “It’s...not my fault that they got blood thirsty and carried away. I can assure you he has been dealt with severely.”
   “Really?  That’s not what he said right before I ripped his throat out."
   The Chancellor goes for his gun concealed under his pillow but before he can fire Kiarah throws a dagger made of bone at his hands and knocks the weapon away.  The Chancellor starts to panic. “Be reasonable you won’t make it out of here alive. We can make another deal.”
    Kiarah starts advancing towards the Chancellor and his wife. “We haven’t finished our original deal. Don’t you remember? I told you if any of my people were needlessly hurt with the information I gave you I would rip your heart out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment