Friday, February 1, 2019

Kharon - Part 3

Chapter 3

      Sometime later Luke and Emma who are now in non-prison garments crouch behind a crate at the docks along with Jacob.  Jacob motions to a ship sitting docked in the water heavily guarded. “There she is.” 
   “What the hell are you trying to pull?!”, yells Luke.
   “I’m not trying to pull anything! She may not look like much but the Kharon is the fastest, deadliest, strongest ship to sail this godforsaken ball of water. Not to mention it's practically untraceable.”
    “I swear if you're lying and setting me up again....”
    “Will you look at all those guards. You think there would be that kind of detail if she were a piece of shit.”
    “He does have a point”,Emma chimes in.
    “That ship is a Quarsian ship. The Metron Island captured it when they defeated the Quarsians and finally wiped their people out.”
    “So why are we stealing something so valuable?”, says Luke.
    “You got to work for the good stuff”, says Jacob. “Where are you planning on going anyway? All islands are the same cesspool just with a different coat of paint.”
   “We're going to The Gardens”, says Emma. 
    “Don’t answer his questions”, snaps Luke.
    Jacob laughs. “You’re crazy. Since when did you start believing fucking fairy tales."
    “Not that it’s any of your damn business but we have a map I got from my cellmate”, says Luke.
    “You've been scammed.  The Gardens is just a story people tell to make themselves feel better. You want to chase pipe dreams? Go knock yourself out. I’ll be seeing you”, says Jacob as he starts to walk away.
    Luke grabs him, “Where the fuck do you think you’re going?”
   “You asked me to get you a getaway boat. I brought you to the best damn one there is.” 

   “Oh no you don’t. You're helping us get on that ship”, says Luke.
   “The hell I am. That’s wasn’t part of the deal.”
   “I know your games. Setting us up over here. Figure we will either be successful and
 disappear on the seas or fail and get killed by the guards. Nice try.” 
   “Fine! I'll get you another ship”, says Jacob. 
   “Oh no. You sold me on this one.”
   “Forget it.  That's ships too heavily guarded”, says Jacob.
    Luke turns to Emma, “Hey you think those guards will be interested enough in Jacob over here to leave the Kharon vulnerable to us.”
    “Alright fine!”, yells Jacob. “But once I get you on that damn ship, I walk off and we are done for good.”
    “Fine by me”, says Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment