Saturday, February 23, 2019

Kharon Part 19

Kharon Chapter 19


   Luke and Jacob arrive breathless on the beach where the Kharon is waiting. Emma and Simone are already there. Emma is still holding the robot animal. “What the hell is that?”, says Luke referring to the A.I. resting comfortably in Emma’s arms.
  “He’s my pet”, answers Emma. “They were going to deactivate him so I adopted him.”
  “We aren’t here to pick up strays”, says Luke.
  “Aren’t all of us strays”, retorts Emma.
  “I didn’t know you were the 
sentimental type.”
  “There’s a lot you don’t know about me”, says Emma placing the A.I. on the ground. 
   Jacob reaches out a hand to pet him. “What’s his name?” As Jacob says this an electric current goes from the robot to Jacob and shocks Jacob. Jacob falls backwards and to the ground.
   Luke smirks. “Maybe having a pet ain’t so bad after all.” 
   “I think I will name him Sparky.
   “Whatever. Let’s go”, says Luke.
   “Kiarah isn’t here”, says Simone.
   “Oh dammit to hell!”, cries Luke.
   “Settle. This should improve your mood.” Emma reaches behind her and pulls out a small gun shaped device that she tosses to Luke.
   Luke examines the object and pulls a trigger on it. An electrical current shoots out of it like a taser. He then pushes another button and it shoots out a coil. The electrified head hits a nearby rock and scorches it. “Sweet a viper! This should replace the guns and knife we used up, quite nicely.”
   Jacob who is just now getting up and brushing himself off says, “Just what I don’t need. Another fucking toy for you to torture me with.”
   Emma tosses another object to Jacob. “Here, you can shoo him away with this.”
  Jacob pulls the trigger on the object and a wind tunnel forms in front of it that blows everything away. “Thanks!”
   “Are you shitting me! What the fuck are you giving him weapons for?!”, cries Luke.
   “If we are all sailing to The Gardens together we mine as well all feel comfortable with one another."
   Luke walks right up to Emma. “I'm not sure I like you anymore.”
   Emma looks Luke right in the eyes. “Like I give a shit.”
  “Cool it”, says Simone. “Here comes Kiarah and from the looks of her I say she 
completed her mission.”
   Kiarah comes scaling down the rock wall covered in blood. Kiarah walks by them without much acknowledgement aside from her saying, “Let’s go.” She heads back onto the ship and the others follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment