Monday, February 4, 2019

Kharon - Part 5

Chapter 5


      Meanwhile a hatch on the bottom deck of the Kharon opens and from it emerges Jacob, Emma and Luke. They pull themselves out of the sea and onto the bottom haul of the ship.  Water floods in from the hatch until they close it.
    “This seems overly complicated”, says Emma.
     “Hey I got you on the ship didn’t I?”, says Jacob. “It’s a little known Quarsian trick. They always build a secret hatch that allows them to sneak in and out of the water from the ship.”
     “Wouldn't that also allow people to sneak onto the ship too?”, asks Luke.
     “Kind of like we just did”, says Emma.
     “That's why they're booby trapped”, says 
Jacob.
      “What!”, yells Luke.
     “Relax the power is off and I am sure Metron disabled most of the booby traps.”
     "That's not all that comforting", says Emma.
     “Alright well your on the ship so I’m outta of here".  Jacob starts to walk back to the hatch and is about to flip the lever to open it when he hears a gun cocking behind him.
    “Not so fast. If there are booby traps you lead the way to the control deck”, says Luke.
    Jacob rolls his eyes. “Why did I know you were going to say that.”
    “And then you're going to bail all this water out. You just flooded the bottom deck of our ship”, says Luke.
     “Fuck you! Once we turn the power back on the ship’s pumps will kick in and get this water out of here”, says Jacob.
   “Do you boys know how to do anything but fight”, says Emma.
   “No!”, both Jacob and Luke say in unison.
   “He has always been a pain in my ass”, says Luke.
   “Pain in your ass?! You were always the fucking jerk-off that I couldn’t get rid of.”

   “Get us off this rock and you can finally."
   “If that's what it takes my pleasure! Follow me. And don’t touch anything. Don’t want you setting off any traps and getting me killed”, says Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment