Thursday, February 7, 2019

Kharon - Part 8

Kharon Chapter 8

  “What?!”, exclaims Emma. “Is it really like they say it is.”
  “We have a map so we don’t need you”, says Luke.
   Kiarah responds to Emma’s question, “Yes, it is like they say and more.” She then turns 
to Luke. “And a map only gets you close. You need to have actually been there before to know the way. Why do you think it is still a legendary paradise and has not been plundered yet.”
   “We will stick with our map”, says Luke.
   “Suit yourself”, says Kiarah. “But you will never find it without me.”
   “Don’t be a stubborn ass”, says Emma to Luke. “If she knows where it is let her take us there.”
   “I guess”, says Luke reluctantly.
   “All of you are going there?”, asks Kiarah.
   “Eh couldn’t pass up a chance to tag along and finally see this place with my own eyes”, 
says Simone.
   “Well since you two fucking torched my home I have nothing left to go back to”, says Jacob.
   “Like hell your coming to paradise with me. I should blow your fucking head off right here right now”, says Luke.
   “Violence amongst the crew while sailing brings bad luck”, says Kiarah.
   “Fine.  But one wrong move in our journey and I will not hesitate to kill any of you”, says Luke putting his gun away.
   “All I fucking care about is getting to The Gardens”, says Emma.
   Kiarah turns back to navigation, “Make yourselves comfortable in one of the sleeping 
quarters. I have an important appointment with someone that I need to do first. Then I will take you straight to The Gardens.”
   “I still don’t trust this woman. One of us should keep watch”, says Luke.
   “How in the hell is that supposed to work. We're a bunch of thieves and murders. None of us fucking trust the other”, says Jacob.
  “Well I have nothing to gain either way. I could keep watch”, says Simone.
  “No offense but I'm not going to put my fate in the hands of a damn stow away pirate”, says Luke.
  “I think there was some offense there”, says Jacob.
   Luke turns to Jacob.  “You want me to fucking throw you overboard."
  “See there you go threatening again. That’s why you can’t be on guard duty. You'll kill 
Kiarah and all of us in your fanatical quest”, retorts Jacob.
  “I've lost interest in this discussion”, says Emma. “I'm going to find a bedroom for the night.  Anyone is welcome to join me.” Emma walks off and winks at them before disappearing. The other three look at each other with puzzled looks.
  “Wait...did...”, says Jacob as he preens himself and then with a smile starts in the direction Emma walked.  Luke stops him.
   "Oh no your staying here with me where I can keep an eye on you and this Quarsian."
  Simone walks away in the direction Emma walked.  "Enjoy your sleepover boys.  Think I'll go see if I can find something fun to do.  Nighty night."
   Jacob shoots a dirty look at Luke.  Luke pushes him down.  "Just sit down."  Luke sits down next to him on the floor and looks at Kiarah who is intensely concentrating on navigating the ship seemingly ignoring the conversation of the others. Luke then takes out his map and kisses it. “See you soon hopefully.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment