Monday, March 20, 2017

Prinooween- Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Karen is being wheeled through a long stark corridor on a hospital bed.  Both her wrists are cuffed to the bed.  She cries out in protest but nobody heeds her.  Suddenly she is wheeled into a brightly lit room with a bunch of people in surgical gowns standing around.
Karen wakes up in a cold sweat from her nightmare in the castle bed chamber and lets out a short cry.  She is breathing heavily.  Her eyes wide.  John is awoken by her and comes over to console her.       “Which one was it this time?”, John asks.
    “The sterilization one again.”
     John puts his arm around her and they hold each other.  “Our nightmares followed us to this planet I suppose.”
    “Yea.”
    “But we are finally safe now.”
    “I wish I had your faith.  But just like my ability to have children, some things they took away I will just never get back.”
    “Don’t say that.  Aren’t you always the one cheering us on to look at the bright side.”
    “Because if I don’t tell others to look at the bright side I will be crushed by the darkness myself.  We all experienced things no one should.”
    “But we got to let them go and make new memories.  Perhaps Prinooween is where we find ourselves again.”
    Sal suddenly chimes in, “Nice thought but some of us are trying to get a little shut eye here.”
    “Oh quit your crying”, says John.
    “Sorry Sal, we are going back to sleep”, says Karen.  John starts to get up but Karen stops him.  “Do you mind just holding me for a little longer?”

     “Have I ever said no”, says John as they curl up together and fall back asleep.    

No comments:

Post a Comment