Monday, March 20, 2017

Prinooween- Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The four earthlings are shown into a large room within the interior of the castle.  It has gothic looking architecture and with ceilings that seem to stretch on forever into darkness.  There are bizarre symbols and decorations on the walls.  All in the color schemes that Zoeborh and Milenas and everyone else they have met so far wear.  There is a large table in the middle of the room with big ornate chairs all around it.  Milenas is standing at the table as is Zoeborh.  
As the foursome enter the room Milenas spots them and runs up to them.  “I am so sorry about your home that sounded terrible.”
“It was”, says Michael.
“It made me think what could happen here with all these wars and fighting.”
“Well I hope it does not for everyone’s sake”, says John relieved to see Milenas again.
“I hope for peace for this land.  I say a little wish to myself everyday when I wake up that the land will find peace today.”
“Back where we come from that would be called praying”, says John touched by her desire for peace which he always had aspirations of even before things went to shit back on Earth.
“I used to pray every morning too”, says Karen remembering that she never quite got her prayers answered but eventually accepted the new family she got instead.  
“Maybe you could talk to the people and the different leaders and tell them what happened to your world and help them see that this fighting will not lead to good”, says Milenas bubbling with excitement.  
“I think that is a marvelous idea sister”, says Queen Frallinaso suddenly entering the chambers.  “If they don’t mind that is.”
Michael is hesitant, “I guess not.”
“If you think it will help, sure we can give it a try”, says Karen.
Queen Frallinaso motions for everyone to be seated, “Sit, sit”, she herself then sits down at the table.  Servants begin bringing large trays out to them and setting them down onto the table.  “Yes, I think you telling your story would be a fine thing for you to do.  I can’t see where it can make the situation worse.  Our soldiers are constantly in the field.  It is becoming a drain and is wearing everyone and everything down.  Ah!  I just had a brilliant idea!  I will hold a ball tomorrow night so people in the kingdom can meet you.  It will be a grand way to kick off this peace campaign of ours.”
The four earthlings look on as Zoeborh, Milenas, and Queen Frallinaso start digging into the trays of food in a communal dining style.  Sal begins to reach for the food as well but Michael stops him and signals for the foursome to huddle.  “What if the food is poisoned?”
“The man brings up a good point”, says Sal.  “John go ahead and try the food and let us know.”
“Fuck you.  Look they are all eating it I am sure we are fine.”
“Well wait can we even eat the food”, asks Karen.
“Only one way to find out.  How do you think humans found out what to eat before grocery stores and markets.  They tried it and learned from what happened”, says John.
“So like I said John try the food and report back to us.”
“You want me to beat your ass right here.”
“Is there a problem”, asks Queen Frallinaso who has been watching them.
“Do you eat differently on your home planet?”, asks Milenas.
“Well”, says Sal, “where we came from people usually ate on their own individual plates.”
“There were some cultures that ate like you are doing but the culture we came from considered it rude to all eat off the same plate”, adds John.
“But don’t worry the four of us have been eating this way for a while”, adds Karen as she starts digging in.  The other earthlings follow her lead and start gobbling up the food which actually tastes quite good.
“Yea it’s called family style”, says Sal.
“Oh so your all siblings or cousins or married”, says Milenas.
Sal winks, “There is more than one kind of family.”
John adds, “Michael and Sal were neighbors.  Karen and I used to work together before things…fell apart.  We just ended up grouped together for survival.”  John pauses and looks off lost in thought and then continues, “There were more of us.  It was tough though getting through each day and the nights…”  John trails off again overcome with memories.  
Michael chimes in, “We lost a lot of people.  You just hold the ones you have left close.”
“I am sorry”, says Milenas sympathetically, “My parents are gone too.  I remember how much that hurt.”
“Yes a tragedy brought on by senseless warfare but let’s not let this dinner turn morbid shall we”, says Queen Frallinaso.  “This is exactly what we need you to make others see.  But I am sure now that you ate you are tired.  Karen dear, Milenas can show you to her room.  She told me she is more than happy to have you stay with her.  Zoeborh will show you gentlemen to your quarters.”
Sal responds, “With all due respect your highness, we don’t split up.”
John tries to explain and soften Sal’s refusal, “The nights can get rough if you catch my drift.  We never sleep alone.”
“Very well it’s unbecoming in this castle but I understand you are new here.  Karen can join you gentlemen but I warn you the room isn’t set up for four.  And is actually quite tight for three.”
John smiles, “It’s ok we are good at making do.”  John beams with how things are working out.  We are finally getting a reciprocal relationship going he thinks.
“I’ll show them where it is”, blurts out Milenas.  “Come on, follow me.”  She gets up and heads off with the four earthlings following.
“Thank you for the hospitality and the food”, says John as they leave Zoeborh and Queen Frallinaso now alone.
Zoeborh turns with a stern expression to the Queen, “Have you lost your senses?  The tribunal is up in arms after that farce you perpetrated with them.  And having them stay together in the same room so close to your chambers?  Are you not thinking clearly?  I have never known you to be reckless like this.  I thought you were the sensible sister.”
“I know what I am doing!”, snaps Queen Frallinaso.  “Those four are the perfect pawns to use to eliminate our enemies.  You’re the brawn and I am the brains in this little arrangement or have you forgotten”, she hisses.  “Who do you think came up with the plan to eliminate my parents.”
“I don’t mean to disrespect you but I have a bad feeling about these strangers.”

“Weren’t you listening to them?  Their imbeciles.  Trust me I have the situation fully under control.”

No comments:

Post a Comment