Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Prinooween-Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Milenas and John walk outside along the mammoth castle walls.  The stars twinkling above them in the humid misty air.  Prinooween’s three moons shine brightly.  One in an emerald green hue, the other a beautiful shade of indigo and the third a wonderfully vibrant pink.  The cool breeze coming off the huge lake that is adjacent to the castle blows softly on them and is refreshing as it almost whispers in their ears.  Both can feel the electricity in the air between them as their hearts race and their minds scatter with a thousand swirling thoughts and doubts.  
Milenas does what her mother taught her when she got nervous or frightened she looks up at the stars.  Luckily for her the sky is filled with them tonight.  “I wonder which star has your world?”
John looks up and takes a deep breath.  “I don’t know.  Guess I never will.  I have fond memories of my home world and terrible ones.  The fond ones are unfortunately fading despite my efforts, while the terrible ones are hard to shake.”
“I am so sorry.”
“Then I saw you and I had hope.” 
“I feel hope too.  Somehow around you I feel…I don’t know….more sure of things.”
John smiles, “I am glad it is not just me.”
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Sure you can ask me anything.”
“How do you show affection on your world when you feel…a connection?”

“Like this”, says John as he leans in to kiss Milenas.  John feels a wave come over him as their lips meet.  His body buzzes with electricity and he feels like he is lifting off the ground and floating on a cloud.  It is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment