Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Prinooween- Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Outside the castle Sal finishes climbing up the rope and boards the flying ship.  Soldiers attack him but he blasts them away with his gun.  He blasts away all the crew off the ship.  “Get your ass up here your missing out on all the fun!”
“Did I mention I hate you!”, yells Michael still making his way up the rope.  
“Ah you love me and you know it.  Besides shouldn’t this bring back fond memories of your days in the navy.”
“I wouldn’t call them quite fond memories.”
“I thought you are always going on about them.”
Michael finally reaches the ship and climbs aboard.  “The camaraderie and sense of purpose.  Not the risking my neck part, especially the heights.”  He then runs to the controls firing arrows at anyone who tries to stop him.  After shooting the pilots with arrows he takes the controls but then realizes he has no idea how to work them.  
“Hurry up with that piloting over there.  They are opening fire on us from the other ships.”
“This isn’t like anything I am familiar with.  It’s all levers.”
“How hard is it to crash a ship for crying out loud.”
“You think this is so easy you come over here and do it and I will do the shooting.”
“Fine I will.  Haven’t seen the machine yet I can’t get to purr for me.”  Sal stops shooting the other ships and runs over to the controls while Michael covers him with his arrows.  Sal starts pulling and pushing different levers and the ship begins jerking around.  
“You moron!  You can’t just pull stuff when you don’t know what it does!”
“Beats your method.”  
Suddenly a flaming arrow hits the back of the ship and starts a fire.  “Great now we are on fire!”
“Don’t get your panties in a twist.”  Sal pulls another lever and the ship jerks once more.  
“Give me the controls!  What have you piloted besides a lawn mower”, says Michael grabbing for the controls.
Sal and Michael begin wrestling over the controls.  “Hey I was undefeated at the race track for a year straight ok.  I got this.”  Another flaming arrow hits one of the balloons on the ship and the balloon explodes knocking both Sal and Michael down.  They each clutch a lever to steady themselves so they don’t fall off the ship and somehow they end up shifting the wings.  The ship jerks forward and tilts downward and begins picking up speed as it heads for the front wall of the courtyard.  “Run!”  Sal and Michael start sprinting towards the back of the ship to avoid the collision but then notice the fire.  “Fuck, I forgot about the fire!”  They turn back to see the ship about to collide with the wall.
“I told you I hate you right”, says Michael.
“Yes, three times in the last twenty minutes actually.”  The ship crashes into the wall of the courtyard leaving a big gaping hole and cloud of dust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment