Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Kharon Part 54

Kharon Chapter 54

        The crew of the Kharon stand on the docks of Vice Island.  The Kharon moored securely.  Before them stretches an island that looks like a lavish paradise resort.  Gold guilded towers and bright lights fill the landscape.  One skyscraper even has a waterfall that falls out of it and then back inside the building again.  
  Jacob looks around admiringly.  “You know maybe I’ll just settle here.”
  “You’re leaving us?”, Emma blurts out.
  “A guy could do a lot worse than Vice City.  I could just never figure out how to get off that fucking rock I grew up on.”
  “What about The Gardens?”
  “I still say it’s a fairy tale.”
  “You want to stay, be my guest", says Luke.
  “I’ll help you get your supplies first.  I can set up my capital start up here.  That way we both benefit.”
  Luke narrows his eyes at Jacob for a moment.  “If you fuck me over again I swear...”
  “Ease up.  It will be just like old times.”
  “Let’s hope not exactly like old times.  For your sake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment