Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Kharon Part 51

Kharon Chapter 51


        Luke is standing on the top deck of the Kharon watching the water lap against the side of the ship.  Simone comes walking up to him and stands beside him gazing at the horizon for a moment.  Finally she says, “Thanks for getting me out.”
        Luke shrugs.  “I wasn’t going to at first.”
        “Its all right I didn’t expect you to.”  The two continue to stare out at the sea for a few moments in silence.  “I spent my whole life running from who I was.  Trying to find something better.”
        “I know what that’s like.”
         “I know you do.”  Simone then turns to walk away and as she does her hand rests on Luke’s hand for a small moment before she leaves him.  He glances back towards Simone but she does not turn back to look at him and keeps on walking disappearing below deck.  Luke turns back to the horizon to continue his solitary gazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment