Monday, April 1, 2019

Kharon Part 41

Kharon Chapter 41


        Emma and Jacob are sneaking past drones flying through the air as they make their way in-between the gigantic stark buildings on the island.  “So what’s our plan?”, asks Emma.
        “Why you asking me?  I thought this was your idea?”
        “I know nothing about this island.”
        “Great!  We’re screwed.”
        “Tell me what we’re up against and maybe I can think of something.  I am handy with yard implements.”
        Jacob rolls his eyes.  “Their security here is actually pretty low.  That’s because no one bothers with them so maybe that can work in our favor.”
        “Why does no one bother with them?”
        “Everyone on this island is networked into a vast virtual interconnected world.  The inhabitants just lay in pods on life support.  Everything is virtual here.”
        “Then let’s just find her pod and get her out of here.”
        “That’s not easy.  There are thousands of pods and no real way to find her’s.  However, and I’m probably going to regret saying this, I may be able to hack into their network and track her down that way.”
        “I didn’t know you knew computers.”
        “How do you think I knew about the Kharon?  I did hacks into the Metron databanks for this guy back home.  But even if I locate her and we get her out of her pod she's still tagged.  The robots will just hone in on her and bring her back before we can get out of range.”
        “Hmmm….so what we need is a diversion.  Does this place burn?”
        “Really?  We’re going to set fire to another island.”
        “What can I say?  I’m a bit of a pyro.  Maybe that’s why I never fit in on this ball of water.”
        “You sound like Luke when he was a kid.”
        “That’s why we hooked up originally but now he….he’s just mean.”
        “He was always like that when he wanted something.”
        “So you two grew up together?”
       Jacob turns away without answering Emma and points to a large tower in the middle of the island.  “My guess is that the servers are in that tower so let’s move before Kiarah leaves our asses on this hunk of land.”

No comments:

Post a Comment