Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Kharon Part 85

Sorry it's a little later than usual


Kharon Chapter 85


        Emma is laying in her bed when a knock is heard at the door.  “Come in”, she calls out as Sparky perks up next to her.
       Jacob enters the room and sits on the edge of the bed taking Emma by surprise.  “Jacob!  What do you need?”
       “I need to talk to you...about us.”
        “I thought you were a hustler.  Don’t they play their cards close to the vest?”
        “That’s just it you make me think I can be happy without money or power for the first time in my life.”
        “I’m screwed up and I…”
        “Didn’t you tell Luke you wanted to be happy?”
        Emma turns away from Jacob.  “I’ll hurt you.  Trust me.”
        “Maybe…maybe not.  But I think maybe it's worth a try.”
        Emma turns back to Jacob.  Her eyes are welling up with tears.  “I didn’t think this would happen.”
        “Look if you want me to leave just say the word and I won’t bring it up again I promise.  But I just had to tell you how I felt.”
        Emma and Jacob gaze into each other’s eyes and they slowly lean in and kiss.

        Luke stands at the bow of the Kharon looking up at the hazy night sky.  Simone walks up beside him.  The two stare out at the darkness together in silence.  
        “I’m sure we’ll be back on course in several cycles”, says Simone.
        “No, we won’t.  I lost the map.”
        Simone turns to Luke surprised.  “How?”
        “It fell out when I was saving the others on that ice island.  We’ll dock at the next island so you can get off.”
        “Why would I want off this ship?”
        “Aren’t you only here to see if The Gardens exists?”
        “Originally.”
        Luke turns to Simone for the first time and is struck by the intensity in her eyes.  Simone kisses Luke.
        “Why did you do that?”, asks Luke.
        “Because I know you.  You’re me.  And maybe we both should start practicing some self love.”  
        They gaze at each other for a moment and then Simone leans in to kiss Luke again.  This time Luke pulls her in close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment