Monday, June 24, 2019

Kharon Part 84

Kharon Chapter 84


        The crew is now back on the Kharon. Kiarah once more is piloting on the bridge of the ship.  She is alone when Luke walks in to join her.  He stands next to her looking at the view monitors.  
        “Where’s that map of yours?”, asks Kiarah.  “I want to recheck our orientation.  I am unsure how far off course that island took us.”
        Luke does not take his gaze off the view monitors.  “I lost the map.”
        “Without it I can’t orient the ship properly.  Even if The Gardens existed it would be impossible to find now.”
        “So we’ll just keep sailing till we find another place to call home.”
        “What do you mean by the use of ‘we’?”
        Luke turns to look at Kiarah.  “You’re not fooling anyone.  Whether you like it or not, you’ve found a new tribe.”
        “That is preposterous.  I’m just ferrying you idiots around and trying to keep my ship in one piece.”
         Luke turns and walks out of the bridge.  “Don’t worry there’s worse company to keep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment