Thursday, July 11, 2019

Unknown Person Part 5

Unknown Person Chapter 5




         The man is crouched in a back alley with Alanna standing over him.  “What the hell was that back there?  Did you do all that?”
       “I don’t know…I think so”, says the man confused.
       “How?”, asks Alanna sternly.
       “I’m not sure.  It was like a reflex.  I just wanted them to go away or someone to help us."
       “But how did you do it?  People shouldn’t be able to do things like that."
       “I know that."
      “Well you don’t seem to know anything else."  Alanna then notices blood on the ground.  “Are you bleeding?”
       “Maybe.  I’m not sure."
       Alanna examines him and sees the bullet wounds.  “Holy shit you're shot!  They hit you.”  Alanna and the man lock eyes.  “Did you take a bullet for me?”  The man says nothing.  “We got to get you to a hospital.”
       “No!  You saw the people after me.  No hospitals.”
       “Well your shot, you need medical attention”, says Alanna.
       “I’ll be fine.  It actually doesn’t really hurt."
      “Bullshit!  I’m surprised you're still standing.  But then again you just seem full of surprises don’t ya.”
       “Sorry”, says the man.
       Alanna looks at the man for a long moment.  “Do you trust me?”
       “Haven’t had much of a choice so far."
       “Come on.  I have a friend who might be able to patch you up.  She doesn’t live too far from here”, says Alanna as she helps the man up.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like he should try to heal himself. Since he's "Earth/nature based" he should try to ooze the bullet out, like magma, but is unable to or it causes him so much pain he can only do it briefly before collapsing, then Alanna can still take him to her friend to get it out.

    ReplyDelete