Saturday, July 6, 2019

Recap of Unknown Person week of July 1st

This weeks recap of Unknown Person


Unknown Person Chapter 1


        At a top secret government facility an unconscious man in a hospital gown is being wheeled along a corridor.  He is strapped to a gurney.  The man starts to wake up.  He is struggling against the straps.  “Let me out of here!  You can’t do this to me!”, he yells.  The armed guards wheeling the gurney and walking alongside him ignore his cries.  They wheel the man into a room with a lot of fancy technology.  The guards transfer the man from the gurney to a table and secure him to it despite his resistance.     
       A mixture of military personnel and scientist watch the proceedings from a special room behind a thick pane of glass.  Into this room marches Morgan Cromwell clearly aggravated and dressed in a special ops uniform.  “What is the meaning of this?  I thought I was going to get first crack at him”, says Morgan.  
        One of the people in the room dressed in a military uniform turns half towards Morgan and says, “Ah Dr. Morgan Cromwell it’s an honor to finally meet you.  I find your work very interesting.”
       “Skip the flattery.  I thought we had a deal."
       “We appreciate you bringing him in but if your initial reports are correct we want to move quickly.  It’s a dangerous world out there and we can’t afford to waste any time on your arcane dalliances and ancient superstitions."
        A scientist in the room states, “We are ready to begin the probing.”
       “Commence immediately.”
       “You can’t.  You have no idea what you’re dealing with here”, says Morgan.
       “Which is precisely what we intend to find out."  
       Switches are flipped and the scientist begin tapping the electronic console in front of them. The man on the table begins screaming as he is bombarded with electromagnetic rays.
        “Amazing.  His body almost appears to be absorbing the electro magnetic energy somehow”, says one of the scientists.  
       “Increase intensity."
       “I wouldn’t do that if I were you”, says Morgan.
       “Fortunately, you’re not.”  
       Morgan quietly leaves the room while they increase the output of energy. 
       As the man is bombarded by more energy his screams change to a high pitch screeching.  It deafens everyone until it turns into a burst of pure sonic energy destroying the room and throwing everyone against a wall.  The man strains against the straps and to his surprise manages to break them.  He runs out of the wrecked room and down a corridor.  He comes to guards who are rushing towards him.  He sees a grate beneath him and strains to pry it off.  He then jumps down it just as the guards reach the grate.  One of them radios and says, “He went in the sewer system.”
       The man climbs out of a sewage drain and runs along the river it empties out into.  His hospital gown blows in the night breeze.  Helicopters patrol the area of the facility as alarms blare and search lights scan.  The man runs along the river trying to get away from his pursuers.  The current of the river is picking up in intensity.  Finally the man reaches the edge of the river before it falls into a waterfall.  He looks back at a helicopter closing in on him.  Suddenly the river seems to surge and a wave knocks the man over the waterfall into a torrent of water.  


Unknown Person Chapter 2

       His hospital gown swept away in the currents of the water the man now finds himself completely naked running aimlessly through a thick forest.  The morning sun in his face causes him to squint as he searches for anyone to help him or any structure where he can take refuge.  He finally comes upon a cabin with a truck parked outside.  The man runs over to the truck but it is empty.  He checks for keys but sees none.  He then runs to the cabin and looks inside the windows but sees nobody.  He tries the door and it’s unlocked.  He hesitates before opening the door.  He searches the cabin and finds a bedroom with art supplies strewn all over.  He rummages through a dresser and tries to put on a t-shirt he found but it’s clearly too small for him.  Behind him at the doorway Alanna, a middle aged petite woman, appears and drops the paint brush she is holding and screams.  The man whips around as Alanna runs away. 
       Alanna runs into the kitchen and grabs a butcher knife and her phone.  

The man runs in and yells, “Stop!”
Alanna extends the butcher knife and says, “Stay away from me!”
“I’m not gonna hurt you”, says the man.
“Oh yea.  Give me one good reason I shouldn’t call 911."
“Because people are after me."
“All the more reason to call buddy”, says Alanna who turns towards the phone.
“They’re trying to hurt me!  Please I need your help.   Please!”
Alanna looks into the man’s scared face.  “Who are you and what are you doing in my friends’ cabin?”, asks Alanna.
“I don’t know."
“That’s not a good answer”, says Alanna who turns back to the phone.
“It’s the truth”, says the man.  Alanna turns back to him and he continues, “I woke up in some demolished laboratory at some place in the woods.  I have no memories before that."
“That doesn’t sound like real life.  That sounds like the start to some summer blockbuster."
“I…I don’t know what to say to that but it’s what happenend to me.  Now the people at the lab are chasing me and I don’t know why or even who they are”, says the man.
“Can’t you at least put some clothes on?”
The man looks down at himself and says, “Sorry.  I woke up with only a hospital gown on but lost it when I went over the waterfall.”
“You went over a waterfall and survived?”
“I'm not sure how."
“You sure don’t know a lot of things."
“I’m trying to figure things out but right now I’m as confused as you are.  You have to believe me.  I came in here looking for clothes and a mode of transportation.”
“Alright I need to at least get you some clothes.  No offense but I can’t keep looking at this while we figure things out."  She walks away still holding the knife and adds, “Keeping the knife though just to be safe.”
“Understood”, says the man as he follows her.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad, Matt. I’m sure you’ll show more of Alanna but I was just gonna suggest to maybe add one or two unique characteristics to make her stand out, like maybe the Unknown Man runs into a German shepherd first and thinking that’s the danger, we meet Alanna who’s a blind woman and smacks the Man w/her cane telling him that he might be able to survive her dog but won’t be able to survive her. Just little quirks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good suggestion. I might do a rewrite of this after I post it all and add something along those lines. Can't wait to hear more feedback.

    ReplyDelete