Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Unknown Person Part 3

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday but here is the next installment


Unknown Person Chapter 3

       Morgan walks along a hallway to a door marked ‘Director’.  Morgan knocks on the door.  “Come in”, is the reply from the other side of the door.  Morgan opens the door and walks into the office.  A man in a suit is seated at the desk.  Another man in military fatigues is standing next to him behind the desk.  The man in the suit says, “Dr. Cromwell, please have a seat.”
       “Please call me by my first name.  I deplore the doctorate title, only got it to please my overbearing folks”, says Morgan as he sits in a chair.
        “Very well, Morgan.  This is Colonel Mulligan with special weapons R+D”, says the man in the suit.  
         Morgan seems unimpressed and says, “You haven’t found him yet, have you?  Heard he jumped over a waterfall.  Maybe he is dead.”
         The man in the suit says, “We have dredged every inch of that river and all the water ways in a 5 mile radius.  No body.  You were the one who found him and brought him to our attention.  You want to tell us how he survived?”
          Morgan shrugs, “Magic.”
          “I don’t like smart-asses son.  This is serious”, says the Colonel.  Morgan just smirks at him.
          The director then says, “After what he did to our lab and how he absorbed that energy the government wants him more than ever.”
          “Well good thing I’m a private contractor so I don’t have to give a rat’s ass about what the government wants”, says Morgan.
           “You listen here....”, bellows the Colonel before the director cuts him off.  
           “Alright, what do you want?”, says the Director.
           “New contract.  Price goes up.  I told you to let me have first crack at him but you didn’t listen.  Now his powers are activated so he’ll be tougher to catch”, says Morgan.  “Plus I want to handpick my own team.”
           “Outrageous, what gives you the right to make such demands”, says the Colonel.
           “I’m your best bet at finding him.  That’s what”, says Morgan.
           “You have a deal but find him quickly and cleanly”, says the Director.
           “Don’t I always”, says Morgan before exiting the office.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe give us a glimpse of what his powers are or could be, like, "His marine abilities are (yada, yada, yada)" to keep the audience in suspense w/o actually having seen his powers. I only said marine abilities since he was running in the river. Again, I'm sure you'll reveal it later but in this chapter I just feel like it'd be a great time to spark more life by slowly feeding the audience some backstory.

    ReplyDelete