Friday, May 17, 2019

Recap of Kharon for week of May 13th

Here's this weeks recap for those who like to binge the Kharon chapters.  Enjoy!

Kharon Chapter 61


        The Mist stares intently at Jacob and Emma for several moments.  “So you’ve come to overthrow me and this is the best you can come up with?”, asks The Mist.
        “Look lady, I don’t know who you think we are but we aren’t interested in overthrowing anybody.  We’ve come to make a deal that’s lucrative for both of us”, says Jacob.
        “My friend Johnny warned me all about you two and your tricks.  Said you work for a pirate queen who double-crossed him cycles ago.”
        “Who Simone?  She’s barely an acquaintance”, says Jacob.  “Now let’s calm down and talk business.”
        “Wait a minute!”, says Emma.  “If Johnny is someone angry at Simone that could mean the others are in danger.”
        “They’ll be fine”, whispers Jacob out of the corner of his mouth.  He then smiles and turns back to The Mist.  “She spends too much time around the A.I., causes delirium.  Doesn’t know what she’s saying half the time.”
         “Jacob!  They’re our friends.  I know you try your best to hide it but I can tell you care about Luke deep down.”
        Jacob laughs and turns to Emma.  “Him?  I don’t give a swamp rat’s ass what happens to him.”
        “You don’t have to pretend for me.  I already know.”
        Jacob ponders looking back and forth between the two women.  He then lets out a long sigh and rolls his eyes.  “Let’s go find them.”  
       Jacob, Emma and Sparky head towards where they came from to look for the panel that brings them back to the reception area.  But a ball of energy blasts intbetween them knocking everyone to the ground.  The Mist stands with her hands glowing and says, “I didn’t say we were finished here.”  The Mist then extends her hands and snakes of smoke come out of them and attack Jacob, Emma and Sparky.  Sparky snaps and zaps at them.  They coil around Jacob before he can reach his gun though.  Emma takes out a concealed knife she has on her and uses it to slice through Jacob’s coils as she fires her crossbow at The Mist.  The arrows go right through The Mist having no affect.
        Jacob now free takes out his gun and shoots a mighty wind tunnel at The Mist which disperses her.  “Your gun works better than mine”, says Emma.
        “Get the door.  I’ll try to hold her off.”  
        Emma searches for a way to open the panel but finds none.  "Oh the hell with this."  She then fires her crossbow at the wall and it blows open a hole.  She runs out through it along with Sparky and Jacob follows.


Kharon Chapter 62



         Simone and Luke still with metallic serpents coiled around their bodies are pacing around a cell in the bows of Johnny’s ship.  Several of his crew members stand guard.  “Where do you think they took Kiarah?”, asks Luke.
        “Probably to the Kharon.”
        “Once again everything I worked for goes to hell”, says Luke.  
        “I have that affect on people.”
        “So I’ve noticed.  I knew I was better off alone.”
        “I don’t know if I would say that.”
        “Really?  Because I stayed with all of you and now look where it got me.”
        “We can think of something.”
        “That’s right!  You’re the master of escapes.  What’d ya got?”
        “I’m working on it.”
        “Well work harder.  You didn’t have any trouble with the Sloons.”
        “Them I’m used to dealing with.  These things are another story."  Simone gestures to the coil around her waist.
        “Figures the one time I need that slime ball he wouldn’t be here.”
        “Who Jacob? Why would need him?”
        “He’s good with mechanical stuff that was his ticket to fame.  That’s how we got together.  I was a homeless beggar that he got to be a distraction while he made machines do what he wanted.”
        “So you two started out as con men?”
         Luke shrugs.  “I guess that’s how things started.  It worked well enough to get us by.  Jacob had big dreams though.”
        “So what ever happened to those big dreams?”
        “They blew up in our faces.  Just like everything else in my life.  It was a big score.  I was supposed to be the diversion only when it came time for the getaway Jacob hung me out to dry.  I was trapped and got picked up.”
        “That’s pretty lousy of him.”
        “Yea…it fucking was.”


Kharon Chapter 63


       Sparky Jacob and Emma are running through the building being chased by samurais and a cloud of mist.  “This isn’t going as well as I’d hoped”, says Jacob.  They both stop running when they come to the top of the waterfall in the building and find themselves cornered.  “Shit how’d we end up here?  This place is a fucking maze!"
        “Well let’s hope Sparky is waterproof.”
        “What!?  Oh hell no!”  Jacob turns to the Samurais and the now forming Mist.  He holds up his hands.  “We give up.  We surrender.”
        “Oh we do not you big baby!”  Emma grabs Jacob and before he realizes what’s happening she heaves him over the waterfall.  He screams the whole way down.  Emma then scoops Sparky up in her arms and jumps into the waterfall after him.  The three of them plummet down the waterfall before landing with a splash in the water several stories below in the building.
        Jacob stunned checks himself for mortal wounds.  “I’m alive!  I can’t believe it!  How do I keep surviving these shenanigans?”


       “Luck maybe?  But our luck will run out if we don’t keep moving”, says Emma as she and Sparky climb out of the water and then help Jacob out.  They both then continue to run.


Kharon Chapter 64



     Kiarah is on the bridge with Johnny and some of his crew.  “I won’t tell you how to work this ship.  There is nothing you can threaten me with.”  
  “Yes I’m aware that the Quarsians are notoriously difficult to coerce.  And since your the last of them I would imagine you haven’t much more to lose.  Luckily your old friends the Metrons left me with a parting gift.”  Johnny produces a syringe and uncaps it as his thugs grab Kiarah.  Kiarah tries fighting them off but Johnny uses the his special device to aid them in subduing her.  He then injects the syringe into her arm.  
  As Kiarah then stands back up she clutches her head and appears to get groggy.  She blinks several times and her jaw drops as she sees standing before her the beloved Fronzo that she lost in the great war.  Suddenly her Fronzo is held by thugs at knife point.  She cries out to the hallucination, “Hamak! My Fronzo, no!!!”  She turns to Johnny and pleads with him, “I’ll tell you anything you want!  Just don’t hurt him!”
  “Perfect”, says Johnny smiling.

  Back in their cell Simone and Luke are jolted as the ship begins to move.  “We’re moving!”, exclaims Simone.
  “He must have gotten Kiarah to help him pilot the Kharon somehow.”
  “Now we’re really fucked.  Jacob ad Emma won’t bother to look for us on the seas.”
  “Even if they did.  They’ll never find us.”

       “So how’s that escape plan looking”, says Luke sarcastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment