Monday, May 27, 2019

Kharon Part 69

Kharon Chapter 69


        Emma is sitting on the deck at night looking up at the faint light of the stars through the haze and clouds.  Sparky is sleeping in her lap.  Jacob walks up and sits next to her.  “You know...you and I make a pretty good team”, says Jacob.
“Yea, I guess we kinda do.”
“Listen that time we were…you know…together…”
“You mean fucked?”
“Yea.  Did I do anything to freak you out?”
Emma shakes her head.  “No, it was nice.”
"I wouldn’t mind making it a regular occurrence.”
Emma shifts awkwardly waking Sparky.  “It’s probably best we didn’t.”
“Why?  I thought you said…”
“Oh I know but it’s just….I don’t want you getting too attached.  I’m not the type to settle down.”
  “I’m not proposing marriage here.”
“Good”, says Emma standing up.  She gives Jacob a kiss on the cheek and then walks away.  Sparky trots after her.  

Jacob is walking the halls trying to figure out what just happened between him and Emma.  He doesn’t notice Luke leaning against the wall in front of him.  “Why didn't you take the speeder back to Vice Island?  Thought you were setting up shop there?”, asks Luke.
  Jacob looks up at Luke coldly.  “Turns out it wasn’t for me.”
“That’s surprising knowing you.”
“Maybe you don’t know me as well as you think.”  Jacob pushes past Luke and continues walking as Luke eyes him.

No comments:

Post a Comment