Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Kharon Part 66

Kharon Chapter 66


        Simone and Luke are in their cell sulking.  “I’m sorry you never got to The Gardens”, says Simone.  
        “I thought you didn’t believe it was real?”
        Simone shrugs.  “I guess I just don’t believe there is a place I can be happy.”
        “The Colony screwed you up that much?”
        “I just never knew what I wanted out of life.”
        “I know that feeling.  That’s why I wanted The Gardens so bad.  Thought it would be a place that would…be  different.”
        Just then they hear fighting sounds and grunts coming from outside their cell.  “You don’t think….”
        “Na he would never risk his neck for me.”  They then both look at each other as they hear the buzz of electricity.  Jacob springs into the room and uses his wind tunnel gun to blow against the guards who try and attack him.  Emma then fires her crossbow at them and they go down hard.  Jacob grabs the keys off them and frees Simone and Luke.  
        “How did you find us?”
        “A new friend we made got us a powerful speeder.”
        “We’re adding a new crew member?”
        “Not exactly.  I’ll explain later.”
        Luke walks up to Jacob and stares at him for a moment.  He then mutters, “Thanks”, under his breath.
        “Yea well Emma’s a softie so what ya gonna do.”
        Sparky shocks the metallic serpents off of Simone and Luke.  “Follow me”, yells Simone as she runs off with the others trailing behind.  
        They follow her into a massive weapon storage room.
        “Paydirt!”, exclaims Jacob.
        “This was the same place he had it in his other ship”, explains Simone as she starts examining the weapons and strapping them to herself.  She then grabs her fire sword hilt and tosses Luke his Viper.  The gang loads up on gear just as a bunch of thugs run into the room.  “Just in time.”  The gang fights their way through Johnny’s henchmen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment