Thursday, May 2, 2019

Kharon Part 56

Kharon Chapter 56


         Kiarah, Simone and Luke enter an eclectic multi-layer colorful club.  They all clearly feel out of place as they walk around.  
        “I actually remember this club now.  Best spot to cut loose on this forsaken ball of water.”
        Luke approaches a bartender and asks, “Do you know a trader named Johnny?”
        “He ain’t in yet but should be soon”, the bartender curtly replies.
        “We’ll just wait for him”, says Luke turning back to the others.
        “I’m going to have some fun while we wait.  Come on.”  With that Simone grabs Luke’s arm and to his surprise starts pulling him towards the dancing.  
        “I don’t dance.”
        “Then I’ll teach you.”
        “Its not something I choose to do.”
        “Well maybe that should change.”  Luke begrudgingly gets dragged to the dance floor while Kiarah sits down at a table in a shadowy corner of the club.  
        A gentleman approaches Kiarah and asks, “Are you Quarsian?”
        “Who wants to know?”
         Meanwhile on the dance floor Luke awkwardly tries to dance with Simone but he is much too rigid.  “You really don’t know how to dance, do you?”
         “Told you.  I’m sitting down”, Luke grumbles.
         Simone pulls Luke close to her and says, “Loosen the hips and just follow my body.”
         “Why are you doing this?”
         Simone avoids eye contact with Luke.  “Do me a favor and just stop asking questions and move with me for a little bit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment