Thursday, November 9, 2017

As the seasons change so does life

As I watch the changing leaves of fall it reminds me that nothing stays the same.  Things change.  Old ways pass to make way for new ways just as old leaves fall to the ground to make way for new leaves.  But the old leaves biodegrade and get used up by the trees again as nutrients as fuel for the trees to continue on.  So as old ways pass I try to remember to be grateful for them, learn from them and use them to propel myself forward.

Part of the changes in the my life is entering the world of indie comics and trying to create my first comic book series called The Way of the Night.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed having to not only write and market it but also pull together the other visual pieces.

I most recently signed on with a letterer after much debate about doing it myself.  In the end I feel it was best to ask for help.  I have had trouble asking for help in the past in my life.  Somewhere along the way I think I started to believe you had to soldier on.  But more and more I seem to be realizing that asking for help is actually a sign of strength.  Knowing yourself enough to know when you can't do it alone and being brave enough to admit it.

This comic book venture is teach me a lot about myself.  It's an all new experience for me just like the new leaves that will be coming in spring.  And just like the leaves falling now I have to let go of some old ways in order to continue forward.

1 comment:

  1. As the leaves die, they become beautiful. Seeing this in life is a sign of a strong, intuitive person. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete