Thursday, October 12, 2017

NY Comic Con 2017

A week ago today I was at NY Comic Con 2017.  It didn't disappoint.  As it was last year I found myself on some kind of inexplicable high of creative energy and love of stories.  I haven't been to too many Comic Cons(something I plan on changing) but the ones I have been to have all felt somehow like home to me.  The storytellers, artists and the people inspired by them bring a magic to the air almost that lifts my spirits. 

At NY Comic Con 2017 I met so many wonderful and nice people willing to take time out of their day to talk to someone just starting out on the creative comic book path.  They gave me so many great insights I will forever be grateful to them.  A special thanks to  Zig Zag Claybourne, Cerece Rennie Murphy, Oliver Mertz one of the creators of First Law of Mad Science, and the creators of Kodoja for patiently explaining how to market a creator owned-comic and get it off the ground.  I was very touched by the amount of time and information they gave a novice just starting out.  Hope to pay it forward someday.

So with this information in hand and I am sure more to follow I am setting out on a new journey.  I am going to be bringing The Way of the Night to life and introducing it to story lovers everywhere.  I am going to be taking the journey of an independent comic-book writer and finally bring one of my stories to life and tell it to whoever wants to hear it(or read it in this case).  I hope you join me in this journey!  Would love the company :)  So stay tuned changes are coming!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a fun, rewarding experience! Can't wait to see how things progress.

    ReplyDelete