Friday, October 26, 2018

Final Days of my Kickstarter Adventure

The idea of self-publishing my own comic book probably came to me around 2 years ago.  It came to me after my first trip to New York City Comic Con.  Seems like an eternity has gone by since then.  The idea of doing a Kickstarter campaign for my very own comic book came to me about a year ago after my second trip to New York City Comic Con.  Meeting and talking to indie writers and comic book artists throughout my day at the convention made it clear that Kickstarters are a right of passage for indie comic book creators.  Now in 5 days my first Kickstarter campaign for my first comic book will be coming to an end.  Currently I am still $500 away from reaching my goal so it is too early to tell whether my first fore-ray into crowdfunding was a success or not.

But actually having been giving that a lot of thought over the last week I think perhaps the better term is that it is too early to tell whether it will be a financial success or not.  Because even if I don't reach my goal it was a success in a lot of other ways.  It forced me to expose myself and my writing.  I met a lot of great people and have forged honest supportive relationships with several of them.  I experienced and learned about a lot of new things.  And I improved my strength as a creative individual and a writer.  Wolf's Howl will still be exposed to the world in some form or another regardless of the outcome of the Kickstarter.  Perhaps crowdfunding is not a road for me at this time or perhaps I just need to learn more and retool.  We will see but I am not giving up my dream of being a storyteller again.  That's one thing I have learned for sure.

If you are interested in the Wolf's Howl Kickstarter the link is below but it will only be active for another 5 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment