Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Kharon - Getting back to storytelling

So this blog originally started out as me sharing my observations of nature and lessons I learned from animals and nature.  It then morphed into a storytelling blog where I shared some of the rough drafts of my stories.  Then as I worked to get my stories published it became a site for me to review other people's stories and share updates on my progress.

Now I'm returning to the storytelling format.  I will post(hopefully daily) very short installments of a story idea I have tentatively titled "Kharon".  I invite you to give thoughts and feedback as the story unfolds.  A disclaimer that this story is for adult audiences should be stated.  So here we go:


Kharon-Chapter 1

A man gazes out from a hill overlooking a massive burning building. People are running in every direction. The fire has engulfed almost the entire structure. Even from the distance he stands he can feel the heat from the flames. He seems transfixed by the orange glow and the plumes of smoke. Sweat and dirt run down his face. A female voice cries out, “Luke!” The sound of his name snaps him out of his trance and he turns towards the direction of the voice. A woman appears coming over the hill towards him. The woman is also covered in grime and soaked in perspiration.
“Glad to see you also made it, Emma.  It seems we make quite the team."
“Our lucky break that we met during cafeteria duty".  Emma gestures to the building.  "Unlucky scheduling choice for them."  They both take a moment to watch the chaos below.  "We do nice work.”
Luke turns back to Emma. “It’s a gift. But enough back patting. We got
out now let's make sure they can't throw us back in.”
Emma nods. “No argument here. We will have to ditch these prison uniforms and find a

getaway vehicle so we can tear out of this hell hole.”
“I think I have an old friend who can help”, says Luke.
Emma grabs Luke’s hand and starts leading him to some woods nearby. “Great! But first

things first.”
“Where are we going?”

“To fuck. You’re telling me you just spent the last four years in a prison and don’t need to fuck?”
Luke wonders if his escape partner got the wrong idea. “Well...”
Emma reads his hesitation correctly and says, “Relax Romeo, I just need your body.”
“In that case”, says Luke as he follows Emma into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment